Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cris Urena and Marihenny Rivera featured on dismagazine


Cris


Preston: Your agency tells me you are from the Dominican Republic, too. Do you speak English?
Cris: I am from Boston .
Preston: So you understand everything we are saying about you.
Cris: Yes.
Preston: Oh.

Marihenny



Preston: So do you feel like home here in New York with all the Dominicans that live in the area?

Marihenny: No. I see many Dominicans. They do not know I am Dominican. I can understand them in the street when they talk.
Preston: Really?
Marihenny: I was walking and in Spanish they say about me, “Look at her. Look what she is wearing. She looks stupid!”
Preston: Oh, no.
Marihenny: It is ok.
Preston: Why are there so many Dominican women with very red or orange hair in the Lower East Side?
Marihenny: No, not Dominicans. Puerto Ricans like the orange hair.


dismagazine.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More